Sunday, March 6, 2011

Host with the Most: Academy Awards Edition

It's been almost a week since the Academy Awards and I think we've all pretty much forgotten about them. (At least, I have.) Instead of recapping my thoughts of the show or the movies from this past year in general (they were similar) (except for Scott Pilgrim, Kick Ass & MacGruber); I'm here to look to the future. 

Everyone's first choice for Oscar host is always Billy Crystal. Well folks, it's time to retire that idea. Don't you think every year, the Academy calls up Billy and says "Billy, isn't it about time you came back?" and Billy always says "You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles....No" Okay, so he probably doesn't quote The Princess Bride, but you get my point. He's done people, we have to let it go. We have to move on! And that's why I'm here, I present you with my top 5 contenders for next year's Academy Awards' Host:


5. Jon Hamm


Basis of Consideration: He's attractive, funny, respectable and totally capable. 

4. Joel McHale


Basis of Consideration:He's been hosting the Soup for years! He hosted this year's Independent Spirit Awards.

3. Neil Patrick Harris


Basis of Consideration: Quite possibly my favorite gay man ever, he can sing, dance and act. He's hosted The Emmys, The Tonys & the TV Land Awards.

2. Jimmy Fallon


Basis of Consideration: After this year's Emmys, there's no way you can tell me he couldn't handle it. Besides, he gets excited about everything & has chemistry with everyone. He'd be the greatest, I'm telling you. (Obviously, this clip also backs both Jon Hamm & Joel McHale)

1. The Fucking Muppets


Basis of Consideration: Who doesn't love the muppets??? They had their own show! They can do no wrong.

 


There you have it Academy, I'm handing you gold. I'm also for hire.

Honorable Mentions: Seth Meyers (via @JrodakaJrod), Paul Rudd (via bestweekever.tv)

(Ed. Note: It wasn't until I finished this post that I realized there were no women on this list. I'm sorry ladies, I'm just as bad as the men that run this country. I'll make it up to us! Girl Power!)

No comments:

Post a Comment